2.20.2008

Lunar eclipse

It turned cloudy mid-afternoon, so I didn't have much hope of seeing the eclipse. But by 6:00 pm or so, the eastern sky was clearing up. I went out at 7:00 to look, and there was the moon with a beautiful orange glow as the earth's shadow moved across it. I went back in and dragged Dave outside to see it; being halfway up the hill, our house is in the perfect spot to see moonrise across the front pasture, and the valley. Lunar eclipses take a long time, since the Earth's shadow is so big. I checked it again at 8:15 when I headed to bed to read, and the moon was cut in half: bright below, orange above. I opened up the blinds so I could lay in bed and watch the moon. The eclipse was neat, but the stars were, well, the stars of the show. We rarely see such bright stars this close to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.