2.10.2019

New old...



My country farmhouse has always been a blend of new and old... antique quilts and china and furniture are my favorites. A Grandmother's Flower Garden from the 1930s has hung on the wall for almost twenty years, but today I decided it was time for a change.

Yesterday a blue and white oval platter arrived from eBay, and today the armload of forsythia branches burst into bloom. So I went upstairs to go through my antique quilts, and found the perfect replacement:  this red and yellow quilt that I bought at my guild's quilt show last summer. 

Antique quilts and traditional patterns drive my own quilting passion. I love knowing that the patterns I make have been made for decades, some for more than a hundred years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.