5.06.2019

Lesson day...

I went to Vashon Island today, to take pictures, and to watch my niece's riding lesson.

Fut first, some geocaching.  It was a gorgeous day, full of sun and signs of spring. This place, from where I stood down a steep hill to the water, was once a gravel pit. Today it's being reclaimed by nature, and is a park with hiking trails and a lot of wildflowers. If you look close, you'll see Mt. Rainier peeking out above the clouds.

This is a beautiful place, this island. Whenever I visit, I think about looking for a house here, when we moved home from eastern Washington. We looked at a lot of places, but never found just the right house. And when it came right down to it, DW decided he didn't want to make the commute off-island every day. 

I've had riding friends who've lived here over the years, and now it's my great-niece who is learning to ride horses here. Her trainer is a hoot, and great with kids. I love watching my niece... she has a beautiful seat on a horse already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.