12.04.2014

814 pages later...


Holding this book nearly broke my wrist... but it was worth it in the end. Worth putting aside my quilt for five days, turning my back on laundry and the basement floors that need mopping. Worth ignoring the patio furniture that needs to be stored in the barn for the winter, and the pots that should go to the shed. Even worth putting off finishing up a few Christmas gifts.

The snow helped, as did the frigid temperatures that came along with it. Working outside was not remotely what I wanted to do. And the basement is cold, too.

So it wasn't at all hard to choose to read instead, snuggled down in my favorite chair by the wood stove, with my cat within reach.

That's what the short winter days are made for.

1 comment:

  1. Snuggling up with a good book is a great way to spend a cold, wintry (or rainy) day. Thanks for your comment on my Coldwater Lake hike. It was a recap of a hike I took in mid October. I'm still limping around trying to recover from my surgery. No hiking for me just yet!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.