6.21.2018

Frantically working...

Lots to do before our contractor starts work tomorrow... digging sod and weeding and pulling nails and moving lumber and clearing space in the garage for tools. Hard and tiring work, but so very satisfying.



Today I spend much of the day digging out around our antique chicken coop. This little building once stood in a pasture of a big farm next door. DW remembers coming with his mom to buy eggs, and the pastures were dotted with these little coops. We were thrilled when we came to look at our little farm for the first time, and seeing one of the coops there.

We raised chickens for years, then the coop became home to my cans of horse grain and grooming supplies. Today we store a dozen old windows and a few antique doors in the coop.



There used to be wide flower beds around this little building, but I let them go years ago. But once I got the foundation dug out, I'm thinking I may just plant flowers here again.

The coop will get a facelift next week... battens and a new door and a belly band on both ends, and fresh paint: barn red with white trim, to make it pop against the green pasture grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.