7.29.2019

Cottage gardens...

We met friends in Fall City for breakfast this morning, then we walked the "Other Side of the Falls" trail to the end, and a couple of benches overlooking the Snoqualmie River. Once upon a time, there was a view of Snoqualmie Falls from here. Unfortunately, you can't even see the river anymore. Maybe in the dead of winter, when the leaves are off the trees. I might have to make the walk again and see.



When I got home, I talked cottage gardens with my niece, Jessica. She spent the winter growing plants from seed, then rented a sod cutter to clear out two huge borders for new flower gardens, and planted them in time for the plants to be in bloom in time for her wedding in July. She succeeded perfectly.

My own garden is coming along. I put in a completely new perennial garden last fall, and it's doing well. I plan to put in more perennials and some lavender sometime next month, to fill in the blank spaces, to let them grow strong roots over the winter. For now, it's beautiful.



I started out with a connection with my niece based on horses... I had horses, she was just learning. I went to her lessons, helped her parents find her the perfect first (and second) horse, even hauled her horses here and there for lessons and clinics. And I loved every minute of it. It's great that as she grows, our connection is growing stronger. Besides a love of horses, we now have cottage gardens in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.