10.24.2018

Horse fix...



In my family, one little girl in each generation has been a lover of horses... me, then Jessica, and now Ella. I made the journey to the island today to watch her riding lesson, and it was a joy to watch how confident she is around horses. From collecting her mount's tack and setting it up in the grooming stall, taking down his halter and walking out into the pasture to collect him, then brushing him and cleaning out his feet, she was comfortable around this big guy. She only needed help with bridling and tossing the English saddle up on his back, then she was on and riding out to the arena for her lesson.

Her mom and I leaned on the arena fence and talked while we watched, and I remembered watching Jessica learn to ride at just about the same age. I always dreamed of a daughter that I could teach to ride, but that wasn't to be.

My horses are long gone, so I'm so grateful to have a niece and a grand-niece to carry on the tradition... and to give me a horse fix whenever I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.