7.04.2018

Let there be dragons...

There is spoon art in downtown Kent (also forks and knives). The first sculpture went in several years ago, an 8-foot-tall penguin with feathers made forks with bent tines, and a baby penguin made from spoons. It stands on the corner near one of our favorite diners.

Today we came for breakfast, and there was a brand new sculpture:  a dragon with red and gold wings, a body made from spoons, and tail and legs made from silverware handles.



It was too bright to keep my eyes open while DW framed the shot, but I tried.

This afternoon, I escaped the never-ending yard work, and hid out in my basement sewing room. We had a late dinner, and headed for bed early to read. But when the windows lit up by fireworks just across the county road, I got up and opened up all the windows, lay on my stomach on the bed, and just watched the show. There was a big party across the road, and above the hill across the valley, we could see a bigger display. The show kept on going for hours, so I didn't get much reading done. And since I was too lazy to get out a tripod, all my pictures turned out blurry. But I didn't really care.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.