11.21.2018

Cabin quilts...

We decided to spend Thanksgiving at home this year, just the two of us (and Madison). So today, instead of making pies or deciding which wines to take tomorrow, I packed up my sewing machine and quilt projects, and headed for Peggy's.

I finished the last seven blocks for a quilt called Checkerboard Stars, then pulled out a quilt I started back in 2006 called Cabin in the Cotton. It's a pattern from the 1930s, made from Log Cabin blocks in pastel colors, set on point with white sashing strips in between. It's fussy and time-consuming to make, and so worth it... the blocks are beautiful. I have about 40 blocks done, with 32 large blocks (and 20 small blocks) to go.



This has been a good project to take to my Wednesday sewing group, easy to work on while talking. And we do a lot of talking, the four of us. It was a fun, fun day... I love these ladies!

I don't have a photo of the complete quilt, so searched around on the internet and found the original quilt, c. 1933. It is in the collection of the University of Nebraska International Quilt Study Center and Museum, in Lincoln, Nebraska. This is what mine will look like, one of these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.