11.15.2018

Welcome...

This quilt has been a long time coming. I cut fabrics from my stash a couple of years ago. At a retreat last February, I made all the blocks. Last week I sewed the blocks together, then the rows, then squared it up. The ladies I sew with every week suggested blue for the border, and I found the perfect fabric in my stash.


Today I cut borders, which turned out to be a challenge because of the three blocks that wrap around each corner. But the top is finally done. The book I got the pattern from calls this quilt "Welcome Wagon."

All that's left is to piece a wide strip to add to the backing fabrics, because I think the back of a quilt should also be interesting to look at.  Then I'm ready to baste the layers together, and quilt it. This quilt is so very geometric, any fancy quilting will be lost in the pattern and fabrics, so I'll quilt it with a simple grid. And that means I'll be able to do it myself. And I love that.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So many little pieces, I can't even imagine putting together a quilt like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you did the corners on this quilt top!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.