11.01.2018

The end... or beginnings?



The end of summer too often signals that I'm running out of time to accomplish a list of tasks I assigned to myself... and I need to let go and be happy again, that maybe I gave myself too much to do... that maybe the weather will hold and I'll have plenty of time... that maybe nothing on the list was that important in the first place.

I'm always better when I wake in the early morning to the scent of autumn in the air, and know that the world will slow down and time will be there once again. Summer is too hectic, too hot, too short for me, and I'm always glad when I can shake it off and relax, and settle into a new routine, a slower pace.

And does any other season arrive with such a blaze of color?

1 comment:

  1. Ends and beginning - probably both, but it sounds wonderful to have some more relaxed time ahead. Autumn has long been my favorite season, cooler air, beautiful colors. Working at a university, it usually means new beginnings for me, but unfortunately, not slower times.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.