6.09.2019

Misty grey...

On this grey, grey June day, the only color was the grass along the river, and the distant evergreens on James Island and his much smaller siblings.



The wind was blowing, and the clouds were full of mist. Being there brought back so many memories of family time at the ocean when I was growing up. Especially the mist and the grey... picking the right time to be at the beach is a crap shoot, especially in the days before webcams and weather predictions on a smart phone.

But the sand between my toes and the sound of the waves are part of me, deeply ingrained. So I don't mind when the sun doesn't show its face. And I take off my shoes and walk to the edge of the water, and love every feeling that rushes through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.