6.27.2019

Pulling weeds...


We had breakfast with a friend this morning, then home to mow the couple of acres that DW's expanded the lawn to. I pulled on my gardening jeans and a t-shirt, and started pulling weeds in the new perennial garden. The new perennials are doing well and starting to bloom, and it's good to have Rudbeckia, Purple Coneflower, and Scabiosa back in my gardens again.



The back corner is waist-high in Rose Campion and it's beautiful right now, but I'm thinking of relocating these plants to the border behind the garage. This big corner is where I want to put an Adirondack chair and a table, a place to sit with my book and mug of tea on nice mornings. As I worked my way into that corner, cutting the blackberries and the wisteria, I was thinking about how to finish this corner. Maybe a pair of Adirondack chairs, or just one chair and a small table? I also want to move some of the planters into the corner. Or maybe this would be a good spot for one of the new lavender plants.

As I worked, toward the corner, a Towhee flew up into the lilac bush and started giving me grief. The more I puttered, the louder it got. So I gave up. I figure there's a nest in there somewhere, so I'll give the babies time to fledge, then I'll finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.