2.15.2010

I need a goat

The weather's been so nice the past couple of weeks--spring in the middle of winter is kind of nice (especially when I look back on last winter!). So yesterday, in spite of housecleaning and laundry that desperately needed to be done, I changed to jeans and a sweatshirt, grabbed my leather gloves and pruners, and tackled the brambles.

The John Deere is "down" at present, but the blackberries wait for no man (or tractor). They're already sprouting, and if I don't get after them now, they'll take over. I can't do anything about the huge patches in the pastures, but I can at least clean up the fencelines.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours pruning, and made pretty good progress. Today I could hardly wait to get home from work and get back out there. I'm halfway to the chicken coop now; should make it there tomorrow.

The soles of my Merrels are full of thorns that catch on the carpet... once I finish the pruning, I can see spending a few hours with needlenose pliers to clean them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.