10.05.2010

Cheshire Moon

It was a chilly 44 degrees this morning, with a perfect Cheshire moon rising in the east. Just a few short weeks ago, I drove to work straight into the full moon, bright in the western sky. Today promises to be another spectacular autumn day in the Northwest, with sunshine in the forecast. As I logged into the computer and started another work day, a flock of Canada geese flew past my windows, on their way from the river to the corn fields just south of town.

I love the autumn, the chilly mornings that give way to warm afternoons. The air is soft, the leaves are still green on the trees in the wetland beyond my windows. All too soon the rain will fall and the wind will blow, and the leaves will be on the ground in thick piles of yellow and gold. I also love autumn for the changes it brings to my wardrobe. I've packed away the tank tops and sandals, the lightweight cotton shirts of summer, and brought out the long-sleeved t-shirts and the sweaters, the jackets, and the scarves that I wrap around my neck to brighten up my wardrobe.

More than any other season, autumn makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.