11.22.2010

Finally... deer at the farm

We were lucky this year... we had a white Thanksgiving! It started to snow early on the Monday before Thanksgiving, and all morning long I watched it come down. By lunchtime, I called it quits and headed for home. Glad I did; it took me an hour to go 6 miles because of all the detours around the steepest of the hills.

In the late afternoon, as I came up the basement stairs and looked out past the garage, I spotted something never seen at our little farm in the valley: deer. The past 25 years we've often commented on this lack... seems like with our apple orchards, the pastures, the woods, and a nearby creek, we would have a lot of deer. I took my camera out to record the event; with the salling snow and the failing light, the photos didn't come out great. But at least I've got proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.