1.03.2011

Sunkist Lemon Aid Kit

After the successful use of my little Sunkist zesting tool at the Limoncello party, I went searching for it on the Internet. I found several of the zesting graters for sale (for about $20... yikes!), but none of the other pieces.

I finally found a 1976 advertisement for the Sunkist "Lemon Aid" set, which probably came from Sunset magazine. This would have been the timeframe when I got my set, which included the zesting grater, 2 "Snacker" tools, a spout that you screw into the fruit so you can squeeze the juice without using a reamer, a 2-piece reamer, and a recipe booklet... all for $2.00. More than 30 years later, I still have (and use) this cool little kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.