2.08.2011

Another funky fabric

Brenda sent a link to the fabrics that will be used in this year's Quilt Shop Hop. Sigh…  another funky fabric. The main fabric is a dark blue, small floral that's OK. But I'm not fond of the border fabric's cartoon-like design. I like the coordinating fabrics, though… might add a few of these to my stash.

Do you think the fabric designers ever thinks about how people might use the quilt? Or (heaven forbid) ask the loyal Shop Hop followers what their preferences are? My take is that after putting in hundreds of hours to make the quilt, I want something I can use on a bed, or hang on my wall. Would you put this quilt on your bed, full of “I’m going to the shop hop!” cartoons? Not me…


2005 Fabric
Fabrics in past years have been all over the map. My favorites (still) are from 2004 and 2005, beautiful florals in completely different color schemes. My least favorite have been the novelty fabrics, with the worst yet from this year. I appreciate the need for variety, so each year's finished quilt is different from the others. But I'll be skipping the event this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.