5.09.2011

Delete on closing...

This morning I noticed that Outlook wasn't warning me about emptying my Deleted Items folder when it shut down (the setting was probably reset by a Microsoft update pushed down by IT). When I looked at the folder, there were 1300 files in it!

So I stopped by Greg’s office to tell him I broke my own record for deleted items, and he looked puzzled. When I explained, he turned to his computer and checked his own Deleted Items file. He  said, "Geeez," and just laughed... his folder had more than 8000 deleted files in it!

I appreciate the security and efficiency updates that our IT group is able to do for us these days, but sometimes the oddest things get changed in the process. I shared the story with Davey (he's in California again), saying that I need to go look for the location of that magic toggle switch, and get it reset!

His response was a subject-only message: Tools, Options, Other, check “Empty the Deleted Items folder on exiting.”

That is so very, very Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.