7.05.2012

Never do this again!!

To say that today was not a good day is the understatement of my life.

Dave and his uncle were rebuilding the engine of our old 1977 GMC pickup, and I was cleaning the house and doing laundry, then sat down to browse my latest stack of quilting books.

My foot was asleep after reading for an hour with it tucked up underneath me, but it seemed OK to walk on. Boy was I wrong. Two steps later, my ankle buckled, I crashed to the floor, and burst into tears (something I haven't done in a couple of decades).  After a few minutes of this, I rolled over and crawled to the kitchen and got the ice pack out of the freezer drawer.

I wrapped it in a towel, then wrapped it around my foot. After a while I could walk on the ankle, but it hurt like hell. I spent the rest of the day on the couch, feet on the ottomon, watching my foot swell. Oh joy. I finally took a photo, figuring this was one instance where a picture really was worth a thousand words. It is understandably not the best picture in the world, but considering the situation, I think you'll forgive me.

So...  note the "innie" near my outside ankle bone on the right foot? That's my normal, slim, foot. Compare it with my left foot. See the "outie" bulge? Ouch.


Once I can walk again, I'll update you on progress. This sure is going to mess up our plans for July!

Note to self:  Do not sit with feet tucked underneath, ever again. And in case I go back to my old habits... never buy a refrigerator that doesn't have the freezer on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.