6.28.2014

Idaho back roads

I never found the time to write much about our Idaho road trip in May 2013. Too busy getting ready for a visit from my sister & brother-in-law, and when they left us in September, I just didn't get back to it. It seems a shame somehow, not to mention this beautiful place, this wild place, this place that stole a piece of my heart.

So here are my favorite views, my favorite places, in the wild places of Central Idaho.

The tire-eating road north of Sun Valley, with snow still on the ridges and ice in the streams.








Coming back from Salmon, I spotted a moose grazing by the river. I watched it, it watched me




Mountain pass and fly fishing stream on the drive to Red Fish Lake, where we watched a big crew unload tanker trucks of fish into the inlet to the lake.



1 comment:

  1. I love Idaho, having spent so much of my childhood there. But for us it was Northern Idaho, and I have never been to this part of the state. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.