10.24.2017

Red...

We walked through a Japanese sculpture garden in Bellingham yesterday afternoon, before heading into town to find dinner. There was a geocache to be found here, but I was mesmerized by this gorgeous Japanese maple.



The western light shone through the trees, and lit up the maple leaves like a torch. All I wanted to do was sit down underneath the tree, and watch the light playing through the leaves.



We had a Japanese maple in our yard when we lived in Eastern Washington. It was beautiful, but nothing like this 6-foot-tall tree.



The brilliant red against the green foliage was stunning.

2 comments:

  1. Those vibrant red leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We planted one at our old house, I was sad when we moved and had to leave it behind.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.