12.03.2017

Favorite barns...

There are a lot of places I like to go to photograph barns, but one of my favorites is the Enumclaw Plateau. There are dairy farms and horse farms, 100-year-old barns and modern barns, and plenty of old farmhouses.



On the east side of the county is a short road that begins and ends at the main county road that travels from north to south. At one end is one of my favorite farmhouses, painted in rich green with white trim, with a wonderful addition at one side.  It is smaller than my own old farmhouse, but this one has all the original trim and interior millwork and built-in cabinetry of a Craftsman house. And it has a barn.

At the other end of the road is one of my favorite barns, a small gable style with a side addition. It's rustic and charming, and has a new metal roof to protect it from the elements.


Both structures are equally well tended, and both are best photographed in winter, when the leaves are off the trees.

I never tire of taking this side road, or picturing myself living in the beautiful green farmhouse.

Sharing today on Tom's Barn Collective.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty house and good-looking barn!
    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that farmhouse, and the barn is just as appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Karen at Away for the Weekend & have enjoyed browsing through your posts!
    The colour of this farmhouse is so striking & Jewel like! A real gem! & the barn has a great weathered look!
    I'll be back!
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.