7.12.2018

My space...



The past couple of weeks, I've made notes and measured walls and tables and plotted how to rearrange my sewing space to be more efficient. Okay, truth is I'm plotting to take over the whole basement. Well, most of it. I'll leave the pantry and laundry room and wine cellar alone.

Today I started moving. It's warm outside, the guys don't need me to make any decisions, so this day is all mine.

The room still isn't big enough, but the new layout will be much better. All my fabric shelves are where the sitting room used to be, then the cutting table (raised higher, finally, to preserve my back), and the end under the windows now has my big sewing table, a wicker chair, and a sweet teak garden bench with lots of pillows, where Madison likes to sleep. I lost some of my long design wall, but will be able to put small quilt layouts above the cutting table, leaving room for two big quilts on the full-height wall. The light is better, and the room is more open now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.