12.24.2009

'twas the morning before Christmas...

Pre-Christmas tip #37: If you have to do some grocery shopping on the day before Christmas, drag yourself out of bed early and get to the store while everyone else is still in bed. The only other people in the store will be the stock crew, and a handful of other like-minded people. Your family might think you're nuts (my husband and sister did!), but it's worth every minute of lost sleep.

I woke up at 4:30, looked at the clock, and went back to sleep. The second time I woke it was 6:00, and realized I was dreaming about my job... yikes! No way of going back to sleep after that nightm... I mean dream.

I crawled into my clothes, whispered "see you later" to Dave, and headed out the door. I slid down the front steps, scraped ice off the car windows, did my shopping in an almost-empty store, and was back home again by 6:45. How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.