7.29.2010

Kudzoo

We stopped often today to take photographs. Like the tobacco growing in nearby fields, I've never seen kudzoo in person before, but I knew instantly what it was. It's like rich green moss that molds itself to the shape of the boulder underneath. Kudzoo grows over trees, rocks, roads, power poles, whatever is in the path. You can see what's underneath by the shapes under the green vines. Like this forest of trees, completely hidden. It was creepy.

I thought about a Victoria Holt book I read in my teens, which was set somewhere in the south. Kudzo played a major role, hiding an old cabin completely, and providing a hideout for the bad guy. I was skeptical as I read this book so many years ago, but I'm a believer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.