8.02.2010

Filling up the geocaching map

As we left Sikeston Missouri, heading west to the Ozarks, I browsed through what I've written so far on this trip, thinking about what I'll post on my blog once we get home. This is our second long road trip this year, and between the two trips we've managed to see quite a bit of America: on our Miata roadtrip to the Southwest in May, we traveled through Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho (plus Washington). This trip unfortunately not in a Miata) we'll see Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama. Dave can add Florida to the list.

I'm glad I decided to take vacation and go with him to conferences. It's been loads of fun, and something I haven't done for a decade or more. Last year the conference was in Denver, and we did a 9-state road trip afterwards and saw Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming. There's no better way to see our country than from an automobile. I love road trips.

Happy birthday, Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.