9.12.2014

Fall in the city...

It was clear and cold this morning... just a wee reminder that winter is right around the corner. We may not have snow like some western states, but I'm starting to feel the change. The trees feel it too... I picked apples on a warm and sunny afternoon just a few days ago, and today the leaves are turning yellow and starting to fall.

I finished reading The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James, another of her charming "what if" novels about one of my favorite authors. There are so many wonderful books about her and the books she wrote, but my favorite is still The Jane Austen Book Club. And the movie, of course! And did you know there's a national Jane Austen Society?

James and I took a ride to town this morning; it's time for her checkup, and she needed her shots so she can play with her new kittie cousins.

Tonight we dressed up and headed out to meet friends in the city, first for an educational single-malt tasting event by Glenlivet, followed by dinner. After a long week (for all of us), it felt good to relax and laugh with such good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.