9.26.2014

Ouray in the '55 Chevy


On the Road Again Day 5 | Into the mountains in the '55 Chevy

We took a little road trip in the middle of our road trip today, piloting the restored '55 Chevy to the old mining town of Ouray. We had lunch at the Ouray Brewery, sitting in the rooftop bar for a couple of hours enjoying the afternoon. We each ordered a different burger; my Southwest burger was maybe the best burger I've ever had in my life. The beer, especially the brown and the red, were great choices on a sunny autumn day.

On the way home we parked the antique car outside a few antique shops, where it raised more than a few eyebrows, and a lot of thumbs up from passing motorists. Dee bought it used after he got out of the Army in Alaska, then gave it to Dave, who drove it through high school and college. He still had it when we got married. I drove it occasionally, along with his 1968 MGB, and we took the '55 to the Tri-Cities with us. A few years later, we gave it back to Dee, and it sat in his yard under a tarp for nearly 30 years before he decided to restore it. He did a great job with the restoration, and the car looks better than it has since it's been in the family. And I'm so glad it's still in the family.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.