7.04.2017

Dawn's early light...

The band of pink appeared around the horizon at 3:30 this morning. With nothing but windows between me and the horizon, it was impossible to miss. I was amazed at how much color was in the sky, so long before first light. I guess that's because my bunk is a mile high.

I looked out the window for a bit, then decided that with no clouds in the sky, the sunrise would be ho-hum, and I rolled over and went back to sleep.


DW woke me up at 4:45. "You're going to miss the sunrise," he said. I rolled over again, but knew that I'd regret it later if I didn't get outside with my camera. So I pulled on my sweatshirt and sandals, and went out into the light.



We're expecting a lot of people to come up today, to enjoy the view of the mountain, stay for a picnic, maybe go hiking. It's a great place to celebrate the 4th of July.

But for now, I'll take in the serenity and quiet of this special place, alone on top of a hill.








1 comment:

  1. Your beargrass pics are wonderful! How fun to be able to stay in such a lovely location.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.