7.21.2017

Just my style...

The past couple of days, I worked at my guild's annual quilt show. I am always in awe of the creativity that is on display these three days. I especially love the quilts that mirror my personal style, like this beautiful applique quilt. It was by far my favorite quilt this year.


The appliqued flowers caught my eye first, then the embroidery, and the embellishments. It's clever and whimsical and beautifully made, and the fabrics and colors are wonderful.



The quilt is the result of a class designed to teach machine embroidery, and each of the blocks showcased a different stitch. Once the class was over, the final task was to combine all the blocks into a finished quilt.



Although I think the finished quilt is a bit busy, and admit that maybe I would have assembled it differently, that's the fun thing about quilting: give ten people the same pattern, and you'll get ten different quilts.



I kept coming back to this quilt, to look more closely at the applique work and the flowers, and each time I noticed different details.


I've never done much applique work, but this quilt definitely inspires me to give it a try.

1 comment:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.