11.01.2017

November...



It's the first of a new month, the one I always think of as the start of winter. Yesterday it dawned cold and clear at 31 degrees. Today, it was 49 degrees and cloudy. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

By November we know what our fall colors will be like. In the best years, the days are cold and clear and the leaves have time to change color. The hillsides turn yellow and gold, mingled with the dark green of the firs and cedars, then the leaves drift to the ground. They cover the trails and the roads with crinkly leaves, and I love to walk through them.

On wet years, the days are rainy and windy and the leaves fall before they have a chance to change color. Instead, they die and turn brown and tumble to the ground in a mushy mess. Those are not the years that inspire me to walk the trails, kicking the leaves and watching them float behind me.

I've been too busy to get out with my camera the past couple of weeks, but still, I've enjoyed watching the colors change on the hillsides.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best time of the year for landscape photography! Hope you and your camera are able to capture a bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.