1.15.2018

A quiet day...

I got up before the alarm this morning, and watched the rising sun turn the sky pink and rose and gold. It's been a while, in this soggy cold January, since I saw a sunrise.


I made a mug of lemon herbal tea, and settled down with Madison to read my friends' blogs. It shocks me how quickly I fall behind. And how behind I am with writing my own. I've been spending more time sewing, trying to ignore that I've not felt the urge to go out with my camera. I miss that feeling, that I need to get outside ahead of the sun, no matter how early it might be. But it will come back... the next time the day dawns crisp and cold and beautiful, I will be out there.

Dave finally got up at 9:30, and suggested we find a cache in Burien, then have lunch at Sharp's Alehouse again. I love this place, all dark wood and glass and comfortable chairs. And the food is wonderful.

It hit 62 degrees today... it's a bit early for our false spring, but I'll take it. I spent the rest of the day thinking about the yard, and pruning that needs to be done, and all the work we plan to have done on the house and outbuildings this summer.

1 comment:

  1. It is so easy to get behind in the blog reading and posting, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.