2.11.2019

More white...


The windows look out over the old orchard and a wall of cedar trees, and the jewel in the crown is the barn red pump house, which protects the original well for my 1923 farmhouse.



In the corner is a woodstove that heats the house, a toasty place to stand and watch the snow fall. The tiny stained glass window has hung here almost as long as we've lived here. It was made by my dad in the colors of spring, with one deep red tulip.

The critter tracks keep multiplying... I can see where the deer have been moving from my neighbor's property across my orchard.



It's the second major snowfall this month, and this one dumped on the whole Puget Sound region. The peacefulness of my little patch of earth is a huge contrast with the chaos out on the roads and highways. I'm so glad to be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.