1.29.2008

Snow? Oh no!!

The radio clicked on this morning, right in the middle of a list of school closures. Oh no. I shouldn't have been surprised; we were supposed to get snow on Sunday, but it didn’t materialize. I always plan to work from home during the winter, one of the benefits of working as a technical writer. I brought home a new installation manual to edit.

So I got up and dressed, rebuilt the fire, and made coffee. Dave headed for work but called 15 minutes later to say that the roads were very icy, and he was coming back home. He's my own litmus test: if he doesn’t want to drive on them, they must be really bad. So I just stocked the woodstove, and started a pot of coffee.

While we ate breakfast, we watched the morning news. Always entertaining during bad weather. I sent an e-mail to Linda: Well, this feels weird... sitting in the living room, watching news coverage of the snow (and all the foolish people trying to get off East Hill), and feeling oh-so-glad I can take a day off. I went out for a load of firewood a while ago, and saw one of the traffic helicopters flying along the creek. They’ve spotlighted 132nd as a bad spot, and also 240th. Getting across the hill and down to the Kent valley seems tough… glad I'm not out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.