7.29.2009

To roadster, or not to roadster... that is the question

On any nice day in the Pacific Northwest, it's tempting to take my garage queen to work. Said GQ is a 2006 MX-5 Miata, shown beautifully on my banner (photo by my friend, Teresa Adams). Driving topless (the car, not me) on a gorgeous day is heaven on earth. Except when the air conditioner can't keep up with the outside temperatures. The 3rd generation MX-5, which mine is, has a fabulous air conditioning system. But as amply tested a couple of weeks ago in eastern Oregon, it has its limits. I figure 90degrees is the breaking point (this is when I start to sweat and need a constant stream of iced drinks to stay comfortable). Any hotter, especially in direct sun, you need to put the top up to feel remotely comfortable. So, knowing that today's temperatures may be destined for the record books, I paused briefly, sighed heavily, and fired up the Ford Explorer for my daily drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.