8.07.2009

Capulin Volcano

We've not been to this part of New Mexico before, and it's quite beautiful. A friend of mine from IBM grew up around here, and always told me how pretty it was.

I don't have my notes in front of me, so will have to revisit this entry. But I will post a few photos of this beautiful place. Who would have thought there'd be volcanoes in New Mexico?

Capulin Volcano is just off the highway, and is considered to be extinct. There's a great visitors center, and you can drive to the rim, park, and hike around the rim or down inside the crater. Probably would have done that, if it hadn't been a hundred degrees, and if we hadn't needed to be in Amarillo by suppertime.

But we had time for an earth cache, a short hike, and lots of photos.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.