8.12.2009

Preserving houses through photographs


I always have a strong urge to photograph old houses. Farmhouses in the country, city houses in a historic neighborhood, all styles and sizes. In the back of my mind, I've thought about taking my photos home, and one day either sketching the houses, or painting them.

But it occurs to me that perhaps my desire is really to capture them forever in photographs, so they'll never disappear. Or is this the outward sign of a genetic link to my father, who was an architect, and loved buildings of all kinds.

Laramie, Wyoming has several historic building tours, both residential and commercial. We took the time to check out a couple of them; Dave says we found the best two houses in town. Look at the details on this house. Beautiful, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.