3.15.2010

Is it a train..

...if it's just engines? My town has two sets of railroad tracks, and it's always a challenge to leave work at just the right time, so I can make it across town without getting stuck behind a freight train, the Amtrak Cascades, or the commuter train. Tonight I timed it perfectly: I got across the first set of tracks, then heard the crossing bells and saw the gates drop down.

As I waited at the next intersection for the light to turn, I watched for the train in the rear-view mirror. A yellow Union Pacific engine, then another, then another… wait a minute! Where's the train? There were 9 engines in all, pointing forwards and backwards, and not a single car or caboose. Too bad I didn't get stuck waiting for this train... it would have made a great photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.