1.27.2012

Photographs of Winter

I've gradually been going through my photographs of last week's snow and ice storms.  I'm also looking through my photo archives, looking for older photos of the same views, to show the contrast between the farm today, and how it looked before it was shattered by the storm. When I can, I'll upload more.

This view shows the end of the orchard, the pasture fence, and two birch trees brought to the ground by ice. The tree arching over from the right was actually laying on the ground during the height of the ice storm. It arched over the roof, over another birch three, and the fence before coming to rest on the ground. The tall trees in the center are three 100 ft. cottonwoods that grown by the pond, about 200 ft. from where I was standing. Limbs that came down out of these trees were the size of small trees, 6-7 in. diameter and 30 ft. long.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.