1.18.2012

Snow day

I got up a couple of times during the night, checking on snowfall... nada. Very disappointed. But when I got up at 5:00, it was snowing, and we had another couple of inches to add to the snow already on the ground. And at 5:15, it was official: the inclement weather message was up at work: closed for the day. Yeah! Think today I'll take a walk through the back roads near our house, and take some photos.

I took this picture one around 8:45, still almost dark because of the heavy snow. It looks out on the original well house for the farm, built to match the main house. We already have nearly 5 inches of snow.



Just after 10:00 am, I snapped this one of Phoebe. It looks out on our well house, but all her attention was on the birds fighting for their chance at the bird feeder, and at the seeds I'd scattered on top of the crusty snow (both just out of sight of the camera). You can see how hard it's snowing.

1 comment:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.