5.17.2014

Books for spring

I'm loving my new Trader Joe's cookbook, so I went looking for more and found Deanna Gunn's The Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook. And that led me to Sara Foster's Casual Cooking. My kind of cuisine. Easy, tasty, wonderful food.

I scored some felt remnants at a yard sale recently, and went looking for ideas of how to use it. And I was amazed at the range of books the KCLS has on using felt in projects (as well as how to turn wool into felt). So many cute ideas, from toys to pincushions. Kata Golda's Hand-Stitched Felt, Super-Cute Felt, and Fa-la-la-la-la Felt.

With the world springing into life all around me, my photography turns in that direction. I'm loving Clive Nichols' The Art of Flower & Garden Photography and Edward Parker's Photographing Trees. Gorgeous photographs, great ideas for improving mine.

Between pulling weeds and running around with my camera, I've found time for a few pieces of fiction. German writer Nele Neuhous' Snow White Must Die was pretty wonderful, and I look forward to her next book. Even better was Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. Next up are two by a favorite author, C.J. Box:  Breaking Point, and Stone Cold.

And finally, Simon Armitage's Walking Home: A Poet's Journey. I can hardly wait to read this book. It's a poet's tale of walking the backbone of England, 256 miles in 19 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.