8.12.2014

Carved foal (TT)

The summer before I turned 13, my dad's oldest brother and his wife came for a visit. Uncle Dene had just lost most of a lung to cancer, and his doctor told him to get out of the Colorado mountains for a few months. So they bought a small motor home and came west. They came and went, staying with us, and exploring the Northwest. That Christmas, a small package arrived for this horse-crazy girl; inside, a delicate foal carved from clear Douglas fir. I've treasured it ever since.

My uncle only lived a few more years, and this summer-long visit was the last time I saw him. This small carved horse keeps the memories alive for me.


Textured with Kim Klassen's Quiet (overlay @ 73%)

Posted on Texture Tuesday today...  have a look here for all the beautiful photographs being shared this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo. Beautiful carving. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.