10.11.2014

At home...



Reading Jeffrey Deaver
Caught up with e-mail and sipped tea
Watched the young buck snoozing in the orchard
Refilled the feeders, and watched for the birds to come

The kids packed and re-packed, culled and packed again.
Natalie brought me a bag of things for Goodwill,
and a stack of winter scarves.

The skies turned blue, then grey... blue again.
Then black.
Then the sun came out.

I made a huge pot of soup,
and as I did dishes, the lightning flashed.
A storm, the most violent one this year,
hit hard a half hour later, drowning us in water,
shaking the house, lighting up the night sky.
And taking out the satellite television.

So we watched a movie while we had dinner,
Then headed for bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.