10.19.2014

Pasture mowing



It's a regular chore for the days between fall and winter. Sometimes it's my birthday surprise... yeah! But usually it happens in late October, before Indian summer ends, and the rainy season begins.

The weather really worked against us this year... nice (we're told) when we were on our road trip, and so much rain when we were home. But we finally found a day when everything worked out. The planets aligned. The sun god smiled. The tractor was put back together after some mechanical work. The mower was welded back together and painted.

It isn't all done. But enough is done to give us access to a couple of major tree-cutting projects, and to get to all the fencelines (my own chores are waiting for me). I'm also looking forward to being able to walk the hill and get some much-needed exercise, and get down to the pond to spy on the ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.