2.17.2018

Blooming in winter...


Two of my favorite flowers bloom in the Pacific Northwest winter :: Hellebores and primroses. Both seem to require that I lay down in the grass to get the best angle for a photograph. And on this cold and extremely wet day, that just wasn't happening. So I did the best I could. The flowers are happy with raindrops dripping off of them. I am not.

This primrose is already crowded by the perennials that are bursting out of the ground, now that we're heading toward the end of winter. It is my favorite color of primrose, and the only one that survives more than a couple of years. I buy other colors, and they seem to thrive at the farm. But they gradually die out, happily reseeding themselves into the native color of purple, with a yellow "eye." They've been blooming since Christmas, through snow and cold and wet.


2 comments:

  1. Those vibrant colors are a very welcome sight after a couple of dark, gray winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! My Hellebores are blooming, too! This is their first spring with me and I was worried when they began to bloom. Read about them and they're blooming right on time! Such pretty flowers to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.