2.27.2018

Splendid Sampler...

Applique is my new favorite quilting skill, learned thanks to a fun sampler quilt book, The Splendid Sampler. I'm having so much fun making the applique blocks, I decided to make some of the pieced blocks, and will also make a few of the embroidered blocks. I don't plan to make all the 100+ blocks; no one has a bed that big! But I will make enough for a good-sized wall hanging. I love small quilts, which is a good thing because these 6.5-in. blocks have tiny pieces! I've made them all from the fabric in my scrap bins, and from a favorite charm pack. Sixteen done, twenty to go.

5 comments:

  1. Those are pretty! What a nice quilt they will make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with these blocks. They are so colorful and well done....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The pincushion is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring them over when I come see the baby goats... I'm having such fun making these timy blocks!

      Delete
  4. A fun quilt. Looks like we've traveled some of the same roads. I answered your question about barns on my blog but thought I could just copy and paste here for your information.
    Hello Lissa, Most of these barns I’ve shared are visible from hwy 395 between Chewelah and Kettle Falls. The first one is north of downtown Colville as you head north to Kettle Falls. We were at a historic barn to the west of Colville at a Corn maze that probably has some good history that’s obtainable since it’s registered. The missing end barn is north of Chewelah and on a turn off for Addy. Here’s a post about barns we’ve seen off of Artman Gibson/ Highway 20 east of highway 395 in Colville. https://happywonderer.com/2017/06/11/colville-barns/
    Have a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.