9.06.2018

By hand...

Once in a while, I see examples of hand quilting that make me want to pick up a needle, right then. The accomplished quilter who spoke to my guild tonight brought some of her work to show us, and even let us touch. For someone who loves fabric and quilts, that's a very big deal!



This small quilt is made from hand-dyed Japanese fabrics, pieced in random circles and squares, then quilted using colored perle cotton. I love the double lines of quilting, and the slightly big stitches to make sure the stitching shows. When you use beautiful thread like this, it needs to show.



The border squares are ever so slightly wonky, made by framing colored squares with black and white print strips, then cutting them to size. A quick and clever way to make framed squares.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the quilting stitches in two different colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.