3.24.2019

In balance...




Back to the land of snow and cold for the weekend, with wine tasting, great food, and gardens bursting into bloom all around. The Olympics are a backdrop to Port Angeles, unmistakably still in the throes of winter.

My favorite view of the city is from here, Ediz Spit. From this narrow strip of land between the Strait and the harbor, you see how the city is shoehorned in between mountains and tides. I love that.


Ediz Spit is also home to a family of feral cats. The locals provide feed and water; there are shelters built among the rocks, with rugs and boxes to help keep them cozy.

Someone also comes here to build balanced rock sculptures. These are so cool... I never get tired of seeing them.



Every one different, and clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.