3.29.2019

The shower test...

I decided years ago that I'd take a sick day if I failed the shower test:  If I couldn't get through my shower without my legs going all jello-trembling, and without breaking into a sweat, I was too sick to go work.



Ironically, since I took early retirement nearly seven years ago, I haven't been sick enough to fail my own test, until this morning. Goes to show how many sick people came to work anyway, passed their germs around, then (usually) went home again to be good and sick. Thank you. No, really... thank you.

Working in a germ factory is certainly one thing I don't miss about corporate life. As I come up on my seventh year anniversary and think about the place where I spent so many years, I only really miss three things:  the feeling of being part of something bigger than myself, part of a team that designed and built amazing machines... earning my living doing something I was passionate about (writing)... and the people. I had the privilege of working with so many wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.